Studer B67

Discussion in 'Tape Recorders' started by quietbear, Jul 12, 2006.

  1. quietbear

    quietbear Guest

    A long shot, i know...but ive just bought a really cheap Studer B67, and i've managed to find the manual online (and not have to pay £40 on ebay for it!!) but it only covers info about the basic machine, and not the remote seems to have one the back, and on the front.

    The front remote control panel has a rec/rep switch (which i kinda guess what it does) and 2 unmarked jack ins/outs?? and a select switch for "prog in" or "tape out" with a H.P Vol rotary dial...what do these other things do???

    any folks with experience of these tank-like machines please help a keen novice!


  2. moonbaby

    moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

    Feb 23, 2005
    "Rec/Rep"= Record/Reproduce (you probably knew that already)
    "Prog In/ Tape Out"= What you are selecting to monitor. Either off the playback head ("Tape Out"), or the line inputs ("Prog. In"), before the tape. This is so that the engineer can quickly compare the program coming into the machine with what is being laid down onto the tape. Keep in mind that there will be a slight time delay between the 2.
    H.P Volume= Headphone jack volume.
    I believe that the "unmarked jacks" are the headphone outs. I had a B67 I got new, in Germany, back in 1988. Mine had DIN sockets for the connections. It was a great machine until my first wife drove her mothers' Buick over it :cry: !!!!!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice