Ok here we go again KRK V8 series 2 V.S. Dynaudio BM6A

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Dribbler, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Dribbler

Dribbler Guest

I am looking forward for purchasing a couple of really GOOD studio monitors and after a while of market researching and budget estimating (around 1200 Eu) i began to wonder:

KRK V8 series 2 V.S. Dynaudio BM6A ?!?

PS: The space i'm talking about is in the 20-22 cubic meters interval.

Your opinion would be a great help.

Drib

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I've done this exact A - B. For me, the Dynaudios won on most material, although I was impressed by the firmness of the bass on the KRKs. The mids and high-mids were definitely cleaner on the Dynaudios, and the top end feels like an extension of the high-mid quality. On the KRKs, it was as though the main driver and the tweeter had distinct characters - not unpleasant, but just a bit less integrated.

Someone once said the KRKs have an "American" sound and the Dynaudios a "European" sound. While not being as geographical about them as that, there is a real character difference.

You need to audition them both with your choice of source material. You may need to take along a CD player or hard-disc recorder that is up to the job as well, as these are both superb and unforgiving monitors.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed