MACKIE CR3 (PAIR) 3" REFERENCE MULTIMEDIA MONITORS

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by IndianFluteGuy, Oct 9, 2017.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. IndianFluteGuy

IndianFluteGuy Active Member

2. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I think these are the best ‘low cost’ monitors out there. They’re more money than the Mackie’s, but they are a monitor that truly gets the job done. I think the mackies are gonna give you a hard time making mix judgements.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CFOX420/?tag=r06fa-20

IndianFluteGuy likes this.
  3. vibrations1951

vibrations1951 Active Member

I second the HS5's K.
    I mix in far less than ideal spaces at times and they remain consistent and something I can count on. Perhaps it's because I've "learned" them? I think that once you get it about the lows (I've cross-checked them enough with my JBL bigs) they work real well.

IndianFluteGuy and kmetal like this.
  4. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Don't ignore the acoustics of your room. No monitor can perform at its optimum if your room has sonic issues. Treatment can really help you to mix things more accurately. You should do an acoustic measurement of your room. See what's happening over the frequency range. Then apply treatment as necessary to counter certain problem frequencies. It will also help your recordings, if you are recording in the same room.

5. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    As an addendum, you'll need a good small diaphragm Omni condenser mic designed for measurement purposes. You don't want a mic that has any inherent "character" or color, and you will need measurement software to analyze the response of your room.
    REW is a good program, and it's free. ( You'll have to buy the mic, though):

https://www.roomeqwizard.com

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed