England move update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makzimia, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

2B067163-E261-4F57-9DC0-4F6DD34A20E5.jpeg

Hi gang,

Well, it’s been a month since I moved south to Manchester. I’ve been quite busy dealing with a house that has needs. I’ve been out gigging usually 2 or 3 times a week since I got here.

Mostly open mics, singer songwriter group I regularly go to in Stretford is really good. They’re also acoustic, which is wonderful. I hate cheap PA systems and cheap mics in bad placements.

On the studio side, I’ve decided to make my own sound reinforcement this time. Wooden frames with hessian and rock wool . All the tools and bits and pieces to do it are now here. I just need to get cracking on making the frames and attaching where required.

I’ve already place 4 LENRDs from Auralex in front corners at best placement for room size and height, and use of space. Will it be full correct, no, will I be able to use it well, I think so. Last recording you’ve all heard in Scotland house had zero treatment. This is more about taming the room a little. Izotope will help me take care of the deficiencies still :-/.

Here’s a quick current view.. above.

Tony

kmetal and pcrecord like this.
  2. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I've done a few 3x4 pannels with maple frames for my studio. I like them very much and they look good too with the varnish wood..
    In my small recording room I had uneven bass response so I added triangle shape bass traps in 2 corners (made of rockwool) and to make it look good I placed vertical pine strips (from ceiling to floor) it made a big difference in sound and in look.
    I have some Auralex bass traps but I feel they don't affect frequencies as low as my triangle rockwool bass traps..

upload_2018-11-9_7-58-51.png

audiokid, kmetal and Makzimia like this.
  3. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

@pcrecord Marco, looks good. I’m freaked out enough about building simple 2x4 frames. Rock wool sure is useful. Just finished airing mine out. Going to spray it all with a mix of pva glue and water to stop little pieces falling off.

4. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Mmm.. I do encapsulate them in fabric. Never thought of fixating them with glue..