A&H GS3000 mpu problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Electronic Repair Modifications DIY' started by Kevin Porter, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Nanner Puddin

Nanner Puddin Active Member

Update: Well I got my GS3000 back from my local Genius type tech guy. It turned out that there was a cold solder joint on the MPU that was causing the problem. He fixed that up and now it works fine. There was also a cold solder joint in one of the group meters, so this very well could be an issue endemic to the time period and/or factory where A&H produced it. Anyway, I do plan to get an extra MPU from A&H if I can, as a real failure on that could really screw me over in the future, as I plan on keeping this for a long time. Thanks to everyone for the help and good luck Kevin!!!!!

Doug

kmetal likes this.
  2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Glad you got it fixed!

3. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Active Member

Home Page:
    I just ordered the part from Jam Industries located here in Canada. They are the national distributor for A&H. Its a 3-4 week wait for them to get the part. It about 120 bucks all told.
    I have since bent and broke pins off the last eprom trying to get er going again. Not this time. LOL
    If i had more money i would have ordered a few of them. Jam part number is
    002-347JIT GS3000 MPU PCB
    Web page https://jamindustries.com/contact/

4. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Active Member

Home Page:
    OK Bad news. I just got an email back from Jam industries and they said there is no more MPU's available so they have cancelled my order.. I am going to try and see if they can service the card locally. If not i will be shipping it to Boswell for repair.. Boswell, could you message me your shipping info??